Week 10 – Summary.
- First road block of the season
Resting HR (week avg): 51
Weight: 89.0 kg (+1.0).
Sleep: > 6.5 hours on 1 of 7 nights
Track sessions: 2 / 5
Track rest day.
Mingara. Track night.
Gave myself plenty of warm up time after a day of sitting down for work, and felt good.
100m in with the teens and twenty somethings. Nice tailwind. Lane 8. 11.88. Lane 7 (Kaya) had a great start and I found myself chasing the entire way. Never found a rhythm.
60m. Half a metre behind early and when transitioning at halfway felt a grab on my left hamstring. Stopped the acceleration and eased off. Minor discomfort when walking around.
Night over. Was racing on track in fast conditions after 5 weeks of grass training a bad decision?
Adock. Jog to test hamstring. Minor discomfort so I stopped after 2 laps.
Did some slow single leg deadlifts. No issue on way down but could feel it on contraction / way back up. No serious pain.
Physio appointment. Minor mid hamstring injury. Given exercises for rehab but should be back to speed in 10 or so days.
- Single leg deadlift. 3 sets of 8 reps done. Left then right side during rest.
6, 6, 4 * 100m using watch for reps (17.5) and rest (35). No hamstring pain at this speed. Struggled to mentally get going and keep going with the session today.
- Resisted single leg deadlift. 5 sets of 8 reps done with 3 kg med ball. Left then right side during rest.
- Hamstring Bridges. 5 sets of 8 reps. Double leg variation.
- Arabesque hamstring control with ball drop/catch. 2 sets of 10. Left and right.
Leave a Reply